Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Way cool.....

Alec will be 14 next month. Branden will be able to ordain him a Teacher, because he is a Priest. This is the first time in my life since Branden was BLESSED, that I have a priesthood holder in my home who is willing AND able to do things like this. I didn't realize he could do it until we were talking about it tonight on the way to mutual. I cried the whole way home. It's such a comforting feeling to know that again I have the priesthood in my home and we don't have to ask someone else to perform those ordinances.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, that is wonderful news. It must be a good feeling to have a priesthood holder in your home. It is hard to ask someone else to go to for things like that. Congratulations to Branden and especially to Alec, too!

Christy said...

Lisa, I feel comforted that you have the preisthood in your home. It is such a blessing to have such a wonderful young man as your son. Brandon -you are going to be such a blessing to your mother and family these next few years! Thanks for being such a good kid! You are a great example to Alec and Taylor, you may not know it but they are watching you closely and you are doing an amazing job!

The Curry Family said...

That is Awesome, Lisa!

The Weights said...

That is wonderful!! That will be very special!!

Camille said...

That is the sweetest story. I was not lucky enough to grow up with the priesthood in my home and so I can see why that was such a special moment. And what a great moment for his brother to do that for him!

p.s. I'm so glad you found my blog. Come back and visit mine, I promise to be better at updating.