I've finally ended the April and May sprint to the finish of the school year in Special Ed. I had tons of paperwork and meetings, especially the last four weeks. That's why there hasn't been any new posts. The kids finished with a bang. The kids did really well this quarter. Branden just took the AP World History test. We'll see how he did in July. I accepted a new position in the district as a preschool evaluator. That means that I will see the kids just coming into the special ed preschool program instead of providing the services for them in the classroom. I had really mixed emotions about it, as I absolutely LOVE the people I work with. I've wanted to do something different, and a new position came available a couple of weeks ago. It had to be full-time, so I'm not going to see private clients on Fridays anymore, but just work for the district that extra day. That will mean that I don't have to see the kids during the breaks too. It will be a good salary increase for me. Yeah. I start that position on August 1st. Alec got an award called "Principal's List" at school, which meant that he was in the top 2% of his class this year. Not bad considering there are over 700 students in his grade. Way to go Alec. Alec is going to be super busy the first part of the summer. He is doing a musical theater camp with some kids in the ward, and the director is in our ward. Then he will be a volunteer at a summer camp through Parks and Rec in the afternoon. He goes to Scout Camp on June 9th up at Camp Raymond near Flagstaff. He's ready to get an Eagle Project approved and start on that. If I don't keep him busy, he finds "odd" things to do..... look at the video on the bottom of this post. Taylor got glasses a couple of weeks ago and looks darling in them. I haven't taken a picture of them yet, but I will soon. She is going to do dance this summer, and may try a clogging class. None of her friends are doing swim team this summer, so we opted just to hang out at home instead. I'm looking forward to not running out of the house at 6:15 every morning. Branden has been working at KFC for the last month.... but yesterday got a call and he has been hired at In-n-Out Burger. He starts there next week and they open the new store on June 12th. He was thrilled..... as the starting pay is $10/hr. They are supposed to be a great company to work for, especially about working around schedules for school. He is at driver's ed right now and will finish the behind-the-wheel portion in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to be able to find his "vehicle of choice" within the month to. His old scout leader has a business on the side of buying cars, so he is looking for a little Toyota Tacoma for him. Branden really wanted a truck, not a car. He's going to EFY in Flagstaff with his friend Braden at the end of June. Sheesh... maybe I need to get another job too. We are looking forward to a trip to Utah the end of July. My nephew Matt is getting married, and so we decided to go there over the 24th instead of the 4th. It will be really fun to see all of my family again. My kids are really excited to see their Nokleby cousins. It will be great to get out of the Arizona heat for a couple of weeks too. Well, that's about all that we're going. I'm going to scrapbook, help Taylor with some math review, and try to stick to Weight Watcher's again. I decided today that I need some accountability.
Life is hard
10 years ago
9 comments:
Yeah for the new position! Congratulations! It sounds like it will work out well.
Yummmm for In N Out...can't wait...WW will have to sit it out on that one.
We are going to Utah for the 24th too! When are you guys leaving? We could caravan!
Lorena,
We'll probably leave the 18th I think. My nephew's wedding is on the 22nd, so we just need to be there for that. Let me know. I'll have another driver to help this year, so I could do a longer trek. I usually only drive til Kanab and then go in the next day. I can only do about 8 hours before I get super tired. That could be fun to caravan.
Lisa, Congrats on the new position for you and that's cool about the In N Out job that seems like a great place to work for someone his age. I like Alec's talent with the water glasses. Have a great summer It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned. Have a safe trip. Tell Lori Hi.
ok Lisa, first of all i have to say that i am happy for your change, but the second i found out that you and cheri are not going to be there with Tyla next year i must have cried all night! I even called my mom all upset. You were so wonderul with Tyla and I hate to see you go. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR TYLA, YOU WERE SO WONDERFUL AND MADE HER TRULY BLOSSOM AND LOVE SCHOOL.
P.S. I know you are super busy with being a mom and with work, but if you ever have any suggestions for anything that might help Tyla, please let me know. She loves you and still says LISA?? all the time So cute. thanks again for everything. I didn't get to see you the last day so I am glad i found you through Stephanies blog.
Lisa. I can't tell you how upset I am that you are not going to be with Tyla next year. I am so worried. Thanks so so much for everything you did for her, it meant so much to me, you will never know. Keep in touch. congrats on your new position and good luck.
Congrats on the eval position, you'll do awesome with all your years of experience. We are going to miss living near you guys!
We will have to have ourselves a little ole get-together when you're in Utah (along with Dane & Lorena)! Congrats on the new job...that's awesome!
Lisa! I am so glad Tracy got your blog! Your family is beautiful, I can't believe how big the kids are! Branden is 16?!! NO WAY!!! That doesn't even seem possible! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well!
Post a Comment