Sunday, May 4, 2008

Nothing to blog about....




I usually wait until some "big" event happens so that readers would think our lives are a little more interesting than school and work... school and work. But when April and May hit around here, it's just pure chaos. I've had meetings out the wazoo and so most of my evening have been spent writing reports and taking the kids to and from stuff. I did get to read Kite Runner. Way good book. I liked it so much that I rented the movie. I really liked that too. Alec and Branden were awarded a "Golden Scholar" which is kind of the equivalent of a high honor roll. Alec went to the "induction" ceremony for National Junior Honor Society last Wednesday. Taylor is getting glasses, and can't wait for Costco Optical to call so we can go pick them up. We'll see how long that excitement lasts. Branden drove for the first time on the freeway tonight, and even in the dark. He did great, and I wasn't even nervous--really. Branden had his 16th birthday party a couple of weeks late because of being in the play. He had 11 friends over for food, movies and video games. They were a great group of kids and I enjoyed having them over. We have 2 concerts this week... orchestra tomorrow and band on Wednesday. There is officially 14 school days left... but who's counting? Do you like the one paragraph entry that really has about 75 topics. Oh well, I'm tired but I decided it was time I posted something. More later, minus the run-on sentences and paragraphs!

3 comments:

The Weights said...

I am glad that you liked Kite Runner. That was my choice for book club last month. I thought that it was outstanding, and although it is fiction, it is a good reminder of the things that happen throughout the world!! Sounds like a fun, and crazy month! Hopefully it will slow down a bit soon!
Keisha

Unknown said...

Hey, I enjoyed catching up on what's going on with you and yours. That's definately "bloggable" stuff. Lisa, you're so funny...it's just a blog, not English Comp 101. Your entry was fine...tells us all a LOT.

Lorena said...

We're at 13-1/2 and I am counting because I am done fighting about homework, lunches, hair, lost glasses, etc.