Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Romeo, Romeo, Where for art though Romeo?






Branden was in the school's production of Romeo and Juliet this weekend. They started rehearsals in December, and rehearsed every day after school for 3 months. The students did an amazing job. Branden played "Samson", who was a guard for Tybalt, Juliet's cousin.... just in case you needed a refresher course from high school Shakespeare. He enjoyed the experience and will probably audition for more events next year. Here are some pictures after closing night. He did NOT groove to the stage makeup, and will probably kill me when he sees that I posted upclose pictures. He met some really nice kids, and some quite strange kids (according to him).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo! Branden looks great in stage makeup. LOL! I remember doing a couple of plays..that stuff is awful even for girls (so heavy). It looks like you've a talented kid there, Lisa.

Lorena said...

OK, next play you have to let us know...we are totally drama geeks!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool...good for you, Branden! I wish I had been in school productions, although I would have probably been considered one of the "quite strange" kids back in those days (maybe I still am...YIKES).

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Lisa - it's Maren Checketts I had to come and check out your blog. You left a post on Stacy Seely's and I tracked you down. Your kids are so awesome! I was always so impressed. This just confirmed to me what a great mother you are. Handsome boys and one gorgeous girl. I am glad I say this. Miss you guys so much!