Saturday, October 13, 2007

October Break....... Cruise to Mexico





The kids and I have been talking about taking a cruise since I had gone on one to the Caribbean in 2004. I decided that now was as good a time as any, especially since the kids aren't getting any younger. We left last Monday out of Long Beach, and did a 4 day cruise on Royal Caribbean. We went to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada. It was fun to see the kids enjoying themselves. Taylor and I got a little sea sick the last night, and I had a weird reaction to the motion sickness "patch" for two days in that I couldn't see anything up close. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive anywhere! I just put one contact in so that I could see far away in one eye and up close in the other. Other than that, everything went very smoothly and we had a great time. Here are some pictures. I look really tired in some of them. I also got a really red face from the patch, so the pictures make me look really old! Not to mention that I need to lose a few pounds! That's why I'm usually the photographer. The boys actually talked me into renting a golf cart in Catalina. I think the real reason they wanted to is they thought they would be able to drive it. Thank goodness there was an age limit of 18 years. Whew! In Ensenada we went to the open market, had Taylor's hair braided (that's what she wanted for her souvenir) and then went to La Bufadora. It is a place where the ocean water shoots through holes in the rocks and it looks like a geyser. There are only three places in the world where this happens. It was breathtaking.

1 comments:

Lorena said...

I should have let you take me with you!!! I fit nicely in luggage!