
If you are undecided about this proposition, please consider voting "yes". This proposition has deep personal reaction for me and my family. The commitment that goes into marriage should never be taken lightly or for granted. Unfortunately, my marriage did not withstand some of the difficulties that came its way, or ideals that society thinks are okay. But my marriage was entered into with one thing in mind....... that it was a commitment that was to last a lifetime, an eternity. The opponents to this proposition see marriage as just the opposite. They state that "it's no big deal". "Why should it matter what the definition of marriage is?" Well...... I am doing my best to show my children that this mindset is NOT correct, NOT what my marriage to their father was supposed to be, nor what I want their own marriages to be. This proposition can help protect our children from being exposed to a socialists definition of marriage, and instead, allow parents to teach the definition of marriage that they choose to. This propsition has nothing to do with hatred or singlemindedness. Believe me, I had to learn that one three years ago. Please, if you haven't voted, vote yes on this one. I'm speaking from experience.... this one is important.
Life is hard
10 years ago
1 comments:
AMEN, Lisa! This is a big deal here in California, too with Prop 8. Last year 67% of voters voted for marriage between a man and a woman and it was overturned by 4 judges in the San Francisco and Sacramento areas. That is absolutely abominable! I know that's a strong word. Anyway, good for you for standing up for what you believe in!
Post a Comment